Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The New Baby!

I had an appointment today and I am barely 14 weeks yesterday. The nurse was trying to find the baby's heartbeat, and she tried for a few minutes, but she couldn't find it. So, she sent me down the hall to get an ultrasound. I was pretty nervous, but trying to think positive. After having the miscarriage, I have a hard time at first until we hear or see the heartbeat. Anyway, we start the ultrasound, and she says, "No wonder they couldn't find the heartbeat, this baby is going crazy!" When I looked, the baby was punching, kicking, and arching its back - "bouncing off the walls," if you will. Then a few seconds later, she asks me,"Do you want to know the gender?" Of course I do, except for the fact that Mikey couldn't come today because he was working in Taylor! I was totally bummed! Then I got to thinking, if I'm barely 14 weeks along and she said she can definetly tell what it is, then I'm 99.9% sure it's a boy!!!!! I could be wrong - she just kept smiling and saying, "I didn't say anything!" when I said it must be a boy. Plus, I've heard that it is much easier to know if it is a boy this early, since they have some obvious parts that girls do not. So, on Aug. 20th we get to find out for sure, and I will be really shocked if it's a girl! It just bugs me a little to know that she knows for sure what we are having, and I don't!! (But pretty much do) Anyway, she took the ultrasound from the side so she wouldn't give anything away!!!



7 comments:

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Ya so, my last comment on your blog i posted about an hour before you called me...so you're a sucker! You're not supposed to know first!!! Na, I am happy for ya guys! Love you

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

How exciting..It will be fun to have another Morris boy..we know how to make them cute:) As long as it is healthy..that is the best part!!

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

That's sooo exciting! I love the ultrasound pictures! I don't no if I ever got one of the side. If it is a boy at least Karson will have a brother to play with.

The Stanford Bunch said...

awwww.. how exciting! You are more patient than me, I would have had her tell me anyway!!

Karissa said...

Oh how cute a little Zack morris running around. jk:) Thats so awsome that most likely karson will have a little buddy to run around causing ruckus with. Congrats!

Tami Ray said...

While reading this I was getting so scared... I am glad to hear the baby is fine. At first it sounded like bad news. If I was you I would had the nurse write on a piece of paper if its a boy or girl and then when you and Mikey were together you could have looked at the same time. I wouldn't be able to wait but thats me!

The Slider Family said...

Hey Cassie! Your little family is so cute. In some of the pictures I think Karson looks just like you. Congrats on being prego! I miss those days:)